Pages

Saturday 3 March 2012

Life gets in the way...

It's been soooooo long since my last post! Let's just say that life got in the way... My grandmother passed away last October and then, four weeks later, my grandfather followed. Neither of them had a will so things needed to be sorted. It certainly made me think about how quickly things can change.

I have many happy childhood memories of my grandparents, spending weekends with them, eating fantastic food from their garden, listening and dancing to old records, watching musicals on the telly, rummaging through their garage... The list is endless.

I knew very little about my Grandmother's past and she preferred it that way. I was always curious about her life before 'us'. When I was searching for a nice photo for her funeral, I found this...



Nanny would have been about 18 then. What a lady :-)



But this is how I remember her...



On the back of the photo is written 'a housewife's work is never done'.
Ha! It seems we had a lot in common.


Rest in peace Nanny and Pop and thank you for the delicious food, the crispy cotton sheets, the do-it-yourself / make-it-yourself gene pool, the hidden treasures, the humour, the security and the care. I didn't realise until now, just how much you taught me xx

1 comment:

  1. We never forget our grandparents - they were sure a special part of our lives...

    I chuckled when I read this - I just did a post about my Grandmother last month....

    ReplyDelete

Greetings my pretties! Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave your comments. Have a fabulous day :-)